Are you eager to ensure the reliability of our assets and develop your technical expertise?
What will your main responsibilities be?
As a Maintenance Engineer Rotating you are responsible for solving technical issues, and preparing and safeguarding the quality of technical maintenance, projects and overhauls of any rotating equipment in the assigned maintenance department of Yara Sluiskil. Furthermore, you will participate in modification and improvement projects. You are part of a dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. You have the flexibility and trust in order to choose the best way to tackle tasks and solve problems.
- Working with- and in a multi-discipline team of experienced colleagues to improve and/or optimize maintenance and turnaround performance;
- Support the production plants on the applicable discipline during normal operations and interventions like turnarounds and repairs. Perform inspections, trouble shooting, discussing together with operations and/or maintenance technicians, advise and elaborate on best repair methodologies, materials to be used and guide such work;
- Optimizing reliability and availability of plant-processes, e.g. by developing, improving and implementing preventative maintenance-plans for existing and/of new rotating equipment;
- Advise and follow up on various repairs and special maintenance (overhauling);
- Manage (spare-) parts of turnarounds and (modification) projects for rotating equipment. (Safety, Quality, Duration and Cost follow up).
- You’ll build relations with technical personnel within Yara Sluiskil, third parties, other Yara sites and the technical network within Yara International;
You’ll make sure that all activities are being executed in conformance with Yara’s Values & Management system.
About Yara Sluiskil
Yara Sluiskil is Yara’s biggest production site. Yara Sluiskil is located in the Ghent-Terneuzen canal and manufactures nitrogen fertilizers and industrial chemicals such as Air 1® and NOxCare®, but also CO2 for the soft drink industry and breweries. Our vision for the world is based on ensuring a nature-positive food future. A collaborating community that overcomes cultural, environmental, and economic barriers to create solutions that will lead to a world free from hunger and a planet respected.
Who are you?
You are a highly motivated team player with excellent coordination, communication and social skills. You have the ability to solve complex problems, are eager to drive your own development and anticipate well in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Bachelor or Master degree in (electro)Mechanical Engineering;
- Experience in maintenance, turnarounds and projects of chemical plants;
- Excellent safety and reliability mindset;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
Do you recognize yourself in the description above, but are some qualifications missing? Yara wants to invest in people, so we would like to get in touch with you!
What do we offer you?
- Working in an international environment with an open company culture and a strong focus on sustainability;
- Competitive salary and benefits (thirteenth salary, 48 days of annual leave, healthcare benefit);
- Awareness for positive work-life balance (flexible hours, occasional homework);
- Good accessibility from the Ghent area;
- A warm welcome and personal monitoring;
- And on top of that, a bag of homemade fertilizer every year.
Do you feel the chemistry?
Please apply via our website!
For more information about the job content, please contact Samantha de Moor, HR Business Partner (tel. +31 115 474 870) or Ousmane Amadou, Head Local Maintenance (tel. +31 115 474 270).
We will carefully review your application and reply within two weeks. An external assessment is part of the application procedure.