Are you eager to ensure the reliability of our assets and develop your technical expertise?
What will your main responsibilities be?
As a Maintenance Engineer E&A you are responsible for solving technical issues on E&A-equipment and instruments, preparing and safeguarding quality and elaborating on projects and overhauls. You have the flexibility and trust in order to choose the best way to tackle tasks and solve problems.
- Be responsible for the design, ease of operation and maintenance of the electrical equipment, automation systems and instruments in the assigned manufacturing plants and/or loading facilities at the Yara Sluiskil site;
- Develop and implement maintenance strategies for E&A equipment and instruments based on required performance criteria develop operational & maintenance procedures and standards;
- Perform functional analysis, cost driver investigation, identify, initiate and implement reliability improvements and provide technical support to Operations and the local E&A Maintenance organization;
- Participate in modification and expansion projects;
- You’ll build relations with technical personnel within Yara Sluiskil, third parties, other Yara sites and the technical network within Yara International;
- Participate in the E&A Supervisor call-out organization.
You’ll make sure that all activities are being executed in conformance with Yara’s Values & Management system.
About Yara Sluiskil
Yara Sluiskil is Yara’s largest production site. Yara Sluiskil is located at the Ghent-Terneuzen canal and manufactures nitrogen fertilizers and industrial chemicals such as Air 1® and NOxCare®, but also CO2 for the soft drink industry and breweries. Our vision for the world is based on ensuring a nature-positive food future. A collaborating community that overcomes cultural, environmental, and economic barriers to create solutions that will lead to a world free from hunger and a planet respected.
Who are you?
You are a motivated competent team player with excellent coordination, communication and social skills. You have the ability to solve complex problems, are eager to drive your own development and anticipate well in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Bachelor or Master degree in (electro)Mechanical Engineering;
- Experience in engineering and maintenance of electrical equipment, automation systems and instruments in a chemical production environment;
- Excellent safety and reliability mindset;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
Do you recognize yourself in the description above, but are some qualifications missing? Yara wants to invest in people, so we would like to get in touch with you!
What do we offer you?
- Working in an international environment with an open company culture and a strong focus on sustainability;
- Competitive salary and benefits (thirteenth salary, 48 days of annual leave, healthcare benefit);
- Awareness for positive work-life balance (flexible hours, occasional homework);
- Good accessibility from the Ghent area;
- A warm welcome and personal coaching;
- And on top of that, a bag of homemade fertilizer every year.
Do you feel the chemistry?
Please apply via our website!
For more information about the job content, please contact Samantha de Moor, HR Business Partner (tel. +31 115 474 870) or Albert Platteeuw, Technical Support Manager (tel. +31 115 474 401).
We will carefully review your application and reply within two weeks. An external assessment is part of the application procedure.