Are you eager to ensure the reliability of our Process Control Systems?
What will your main responsibilities be?
As a Control Systems Engineer you are responsible for the design, ease of operation and maintenance of process control systems in the manufacturing plants and loading facilities at the Yara Sluiskil site. You will perform system analysis, initiate and elaborate improvements to optimize process control systems, including operation and maintenance procedures. You are part of a dynamic work environment where you will collaborate with supportive colleagues.
- Maintain and provide technical support to Operations and the Maintenance department for process control systems;
- Assist other discipline engineers with designing plant modifications or new projects and perform configuration on process control systems;
- Develop and install advanced controls to achieve optimal plant performance;
- Optimize reliability and availability of plant processes by developing and implementing preventive maintenance plans for process control systems;
- Build relations with technical personnel within Yara Sluiskil, third parties, other Yara sites and the technical network within Yara International;
You will make sure that all these activities are being executed in conformance with Yara’s Values & Management system.
About Yara Sluiskil
Yara Sluiskil is Yara’s largest production site. Yara Sluiskil is located at the Ghent-Terneuzen canal and manufactures nitrogen fertilizers and industrial chemicals such as Air 1® and NOxCare®, but also CO2 for the soft drink industry and breweries. Our vision for the world is based on ensuring a nature-positive food future. A collaborating community that overcomes cultural, environmental, and economic barriers to create solutions that will lead to a world free from hunger and a planet respected.
Who are you?
You are a highly motivated team player with excellent coordination, communication and social skills. You have the ability to solve complex problems, are eager to drive your own development and anticipate well in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering (Electromechanical, Electrical);
- Experience in engineering and maintenance of control systems in a production environment;
- Excellent safety and reliability mindset;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
Do you recognize yourself in the description above, but are some qualifications missing? Yara wants to invest in people, so we would like to get in touch with you!
What do we offer you?
- Working in an international environment with an open company culture and a strong focus on sustainability;
- Competitive salary and benefits (thirteenth salary, 48 days of annual leave, healthcare benefit);
- Awareness for positive work-life balance (flexible hours, occasional homework);
- Good accessibility from the Ghent area;
- A warm welcome and personal coaching;
- And on top of that, a bag of homemade fertilizer every year.
Do you feel the chemistry?
Please apply via our website!
For more information about the job content, please contact or Albert Platteeuw, Technical Support Manager (tel. +31 115 474 401) or Samantha de Moor, HR Business Partner (tel. +31 115 474 870).
We will carefully review your application and reply within two weeks. An external assessment is part of the application procedure.