- Management and Business Support
What will your main responsibilities be?
As the Plant Procurement Manager you are leading the Procurement department, consisting of 10 experienced and motivated professionals. You are overall responsible for coordination and performance management of day-to-day operations of the procurement process – with a yearly spend of more than 100 MEUR.
- Leading the sites’ Procurement department; be a role model towards employees and contractors in achieving excellent Health, Environment and Safety performance;
- Pro-actively manage and contribute to day-to-day procurement activities, such as negotiating and managing contracts and orders, selecting qualitative suppliers, manage supplier relationships, all in accordance with local and central procurement strategies;
- Support the sites’ Procurement Policy and Process; accountable for implementation of, compliance to and improvement of the Procurement Process;
- Create value through good understanding of maintenance, procurement and production processes, and excellent stakeholder management;
- Implement procurement performance management via central, local and contractor KPI’s;
- Support and implement the sites’ procurement strategy, elaborating on Yara’s corporate procurement strategy “LEAP”;
- Active contributor to the roll-out of the Enable Procurement corporate program (implementation of updated processes and systems to digitalize the procurement function in Yara);
- Work in close cooperation with the corporate procurement functions and liaise with other sites and the categories to realize added value, synergies and operational excellence.
About Yara Sluiskil
Yara Sluiskil is Yara’s biggest production site. Yara Sluiskil is located in the Ghent-Terneuzen canal and manufactures nitrogen fertilizers and industrial chemicals such as Air 1® and NOxCare®, but also CO2 for the soft drink industry and breweries. Our vision for the world is based on ensuring a nature-positive food future. A collaborating community that overcomes cultural, environmental, and economic barriers to create solutions that will lead to a world free from hunger and a planet respected.
Who are you?
- You have a Master/Bachelor degree in a relevant field;
- You have 5-10 years’ experience in procurement and/or contractor management, preferably in an industrial and international environment;
- You have a positive critical mindset, excellent communication skills and market knowhow;
- You show drive, persistence and you have strong analytical - and excellent people management skills;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
What do we offer you?
- Working in an international environment with an open company culture and a strong focus on sustainability;
- Competitive salary and benefits (healthcare benefit);
- Awareness for positive work-life balance (flexible hours, occasional homework);
- Good accessibility from the Ghent area;
- A warm welcome and personal monitoring;
- And on top of that, a bag of homemade fertilizer every year.
Do you feel the chemistry?
Please apply via our website
For more information about the job content, please contact Samantha de Moor, HR Business Partner (0115-474870), Arjan Quaak, Business Support Manager (0115-474119).
We will carefully review your application and reply within three weeks. An external assessment is part of the application procedure.